All 9 art Reviews

Zoom Zoom Zoom Zoom

I really like the design of the dragon. It looks very cute and contrasts well with the appearance of the enemy.

The composition helps to read the image in an interesting way. Given the order and color of the characters, you can't help but notice first the desperate dragon running and then the monster pursuing it.

The only thing that bothers me is the white background. I know that a simple one that complements the characters but doesn't distract from them would be hard to achieve, but I think you can manage it.

Stag Knight Stag Knight

This looks amazing!

The art style is simple yet compelling. The character is adorable. The little details in the armor make it look strong despite it's small size.

The light in the far back is a little too bright. Right now it distracts from the focus of the piece, the knight.

She Hulk Relax She Hulk Relax

The anatomy is really good and the hair looks fantastic.

The face features are too soft, making her a bit unrecognizable. Also, The rubber ring looks unaffected by her weight.

DidiEsmeralda responds:

Thank you for your comment Libernico :D

#epicartyparty #epicartyparty

This has a remarkable use of perspective as well as a very effective composition that draws your attention to the character in the yellow shirt (whom I think is from the movie Treasure Planet).

It has a very cheerful feeling and the fact that those subtle details in the background indicate that the party extends beyond the horizon serves to make it feel epic.

I think it would be useful to give it more thought to the anatomy. The left arm and the left leg of the guy on the yellow shirt look kinda broken.

On another note, on my end it appears that you submitted this the day after the dead line, the 21 of this month. I really hope that it is just a matter of different time zones since it would be a really good contender.

Good luck!

fondimon responds:

Thank you so much! yeah next time i need to use a reference so my anatomy is spot on.

Lapis and Peridot Lapis and Peridot

The art style is awesome.
The poses are really well done. Even if they are similar, the subtle changes makes them portray completely different personalities. They fit the characters very well.

The only thing that confuses me is the clothes of Lapis. She appears to be cosplaying as something (I'm ignorant as to what she is dressed as and I really want to know) while Peridot isn't. thanks to that, to me, they don't look like they fit well with each other in this picture.

Smashega responds:

Thank you :D !! Lapis isn't actually cosplaying as anything. It was just a random outfit I thought up. But yea, I definitely get what you're saying.

THE WAY TO THE PARTY THE WAY TO THE PARTY

First, If this is for the challenge of the month from Jazza, you should tag it accordingly with "epicartyparty" instead of "epic-arty-party". Also, add a link to an image of your work in mid process in the description. I really hope you manage to do those changes because your piece is very good.

I have two advises:
1.- It would be convenient to flip the image horizontally so that the flow of the colors goes upwards instead of downwards. It would be more energetic that way, since we read from left to right.
2.- Try to make the girl pop up more since right now it's really hard to distinguish, You could change the contrast or use a thicker outline in her.

Keep up the good work!

Shriram responds:

Thanx for ur advice . I am gald you liked it:)

inner spirit inner spirit

This is a really good concept. The contrast between the old man and the lion serves to convey very well the meaning of the phrase.

I would like to see you revisit this concept, just not as a sketch.

ZekZekoun responds:

thanks!! ... I'm thinking about doing a child and monkey combo.

A Character portrait A Character portrait

Really nice color choosing! I love how the different tones on the shadows work with each other.
Being a portrait, I think it would work better to have a more plain background. The brightest spot is not on the character, it's to his left, which is distracting.
The overall construction of the face is very nice and gives a feeling of maturity and pride. The only think I have to point out is the position of the mouth. The way it looks now, it appears to be located more to the right side of his face.

Keep up the good work!

Meet: Skulz the Barbarian and Crawbone the Zombie Pup! Meet: Skulz the Barbarian and Crawbone the Zombie Pup!

Wait... You do ALL the work on a trackpad?!!

If that's the case it's very impressing!
I would recommend doing a paper sketch first. Jazza has a great tutorial on how to digitalize here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0n2FNK8sDI&index=2&list=PLNaAcA0yN3KZ_zsdf68T0gBMJp_KYDPli

I know not everyone has access to a scanner, but the change would be great to decrease the strain in your hand.

Also I would change the pose a little to give emphasis to the weight of the club since right now it doesn't look heavy for how big it is. And move her left hand a little so it doesn't blend with the hair (or change the color of th gloves)

Rayiless responds:

Thanks, yeah I did all the work on a trackpad, but getting a mouse soon, though it may be a shitty basic digital one.

As for hand drawing it in first I did, but the line work on that one was a bit worse and the proportions were even further off so I went in with the pen tool and traced over everything to make it look better. I think it looks much better than the orginial hand sketch, which if you want to see is in the WiP thread on page 4 near the middle: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1417254/4

I did watch the that and it was really good, just like all of his I think I just need more practice and to learn to be more efficient and not go into too many shading details at times.

Okay, thanks the pose did look off to me, but I couldn't figure out what it was at times, and also working with what I have doing major changes by the time I notice them are hard and I often don't have time to fix them.

I also think Crawbone turned out better overall, but certain parts of Skulz turned out perfect to me, like the gem in her hair, skull belt, and tuffs near the armor.

Thanks again for the comments! I also checked out your piece looks good.